Pillars of Leadership
The annual Pillars of Leadership Awards ceremony is designed to bring together all students who have been previously recognized or honored across campus, for their leadership, service, and commitment to making a difference on campus or in the local community. These students are recognized again at this ceremony for being a "Pillar of Leadership" in the UB community. Please see below for a full list of last year's recipients.
Each year at Pillars, the Center for Student Leadership & Community Engagement presents an award to four unknowing students and two student organizations who have been nominated based on the award criteria below. The awards presented are the Emerging Leader Award, the Exemplary Leader Award, the Dorothy Haas Community Engagement Award, the Organization Impact Award for On Campus and the Organization Impact Award for Off Campus.
Faculty, staff, or students may nominate those students who they believe are deserving of this honor and students may be nominated more than once. Students may also self nominate. Nominations are due March 29, 2013 and are the sole basis for award selection, so they should be thoroughly written.
All nominees will be invited to attend the Pillars of Leadership Ceremony on Wednesday, May 1 at 5 pm in the Student Union Theater, where the winner will be announced.
2013-2014 Pillars Ceremony
Thursday, May 8, 2014
Student Union Theater
Nomination process is now closed.
2013 Award Winners
- Alumnae Scholarship - Lindsey Feuz and Chelsie Hinckley
- Arthur O. Eve Award - Mustafa Farah and Susan Welch
- Blue & White Scholarship Elisabeth Bierdeman, Hector W. Coco, and Thomas Parsons, Jr.
- UB Ideal Bull Award - Nicole Hopkins and Tony Watson
- Civility/Ally Award - Laurielle Aviles
- Clifford Furnas Distinguished Athlete Award - Brittany Kuras
- Campus Impact Award - Daniel Ovadia and Student Programming Board
- Community Impact Award - Chelsie Hinckley and Circle K
- Dorothy Haas Community Engagement Award - Lindsey Berg
- Emerging Leader Award - Dylan Steed
- Exemplary Leadership Award - Natalie Cosgrove
- Fraternity & Sorority Life Outstanding Service Award (Male) - Nicholas Aronson
- Fraternity & Sorority Life Outstanding Service Award (Female) - Kate Rosewasser
- J Scott Fleming Award - Dominique Betrand, Elvis Castelino, Chelsie Hinckley and Marc Pierre
- Nancy Welch Award - Megan Schmit, Kwasi Adusei, Ned Semoff, and Matthew Waldman
- Percy Sutton Award - Shihe Zeng
- Resident Advisor/Academic Advisor/Community Assistant of the Year Award - Allen Liu
- RHA Executive Board Member of the Year - William Santini
- RHA Senator of the Year - Matthew Sweet
- SA Outstanding Staff Member of the Year - Joshua Fromm and Ned Semoff
SUNY Chancellor's Award
- Jay Amin
- Maxwell Bileschi
- Elise Blasingame
- Paul Garmon
- Sourobh Ghosh
- Sharlene Green
- Megan Klyczek
- Matthew Leibowitz
- Peter Oldani
- Stephan Paul
- Daniel Salem
- Marlee Sroka
- Lauren Stutzman
- Jessica Walts
- UB Pride & Service Award - Rebecca Novick and Kevin Diver
- Vice President's Senior Leadership Award - Yamine El-Gohary
- William R. Greiner Leadership Award - Darlene Volmy and Darwinson Valdez
- Willie R. Evans Legacy Scholarship - Ben Robinson