Pillars of Leadership
The annual Pillars of Leadership Awards ceremony is designed to bring together all students who have been previously recognized or honored across campus, for their leadership, service, and commitment to making a difference on campus or in the local community. These students are recognized again at this ceremony for being a "Pillar of Leadership" in the UB community. Please see below for a full list of last year's recipients.
Each year at Pillars, the Office of Student Engagement presents an award to four unknowing students and two student organizations who have been nominated based on the award criteria below. The awards presented are the Emerging Leader Award, the Exemplary Leader Award, the Dorothy Haas Community Engagement Award, the Organization Impact Award for On Campus and the Organization Impact Award for Off Campus.
Faculty, staff, or students may nominate those students who they believe are deserving of this honor and students may be nominated more than once. Students may also self-nominate. Nomination information will be available February 2015, and are the sole basis for award selection, so they should be thoroughly written.
All nominees will be invited to attend the Pillars of Leadership Ceremony in May 2016. The 2015 Pillars Ceremony took place on Thursday May 7, 2015.
View your pictures online
Information for the 2015-2016 Award Ceremony will be available in April 2016.
2015 Award Winners
- Alumnae Scholarship - Sarah Riley and Amy Watson
- Arthur O. Eve Award - Lisa Burgess
- UB Ideal Bull Award - Will Regan and Courtney Mann
- Civility/Ally Award - Cassandra Knapp
- Clifford Furnas Distinguished Athlete Award - Jackie Hall
- Campus Impact Award - Alexander Salinas
- Commitment to Community Growth - Jessica Fralix
- Community Impact Award - Circle K and Lili Chen
- Diversity Empowerment Award - Emily Avondolio
- Dorothy Haas Community Engagement Award - Jordan Bendix
- Dougherty-Witten Award - Izazul Khan and Ashley Patterson
- Emerging Leader Award - Laura Aguilera
- Exemplary Leadership Award - Afiya Grant
- Fraternity & Sorority Life Outstanding Service Award (Male) - Jun Mei
- Fraternity & Sorority Life Outstanding Service Award (Female) - Emily Crowl and Alexandra Rupert
- J Scott Fleming Award - Kateylyn Evans, Kritika Rana and Kailey Mahar
- Nancy Welch Award - 'Intercollegiate Poetry Slam'
- Ora Gresham Award - Joanna Gugulski
- Percy Sutton Award - Yasiri Alabbadi
- Resident Advisor/Academic Advisor/Community Assistant of the Year Award - Karinina Quimpo
- Returner of the Year - Caroline Niederpruem
- RHA Senator of the Year - Devashish Agarwal
- Rookie of the Year - Marc Salme
- SA Outstanding Staff Member of the Year - Erin Lachaal
- Spirit of UB Award - Cynthia Mgbeojirikwe
- UB Pride & Service Award - Kailey Mahar
- UB the Impact Award - Kailey Mahar, Joseph Sciacca, Kelsey Barbour and Mary Kate Waringa
- Vice President's Senior Leadership Award - Samah Asfour
- William R. Greiner Leadership Award - Alberto Santiago
- Willie R. Evans Legacy Scholarship - Sean Martin and Davis Podkulski